Dissemination activities for high-school students, bachelor students, and the general public are an essential part of the Amaldi Research Center (ARC) project.
Outreach – Events
Every year, we organize a Gravitational-Wave Day presenting different aspects of the ARC core science.
- Gravitational-Wave Day 2020 - Rome, February 19, 2021 14:00. A video recording of the event is available. Prof. Alessandra Buonanno's lectio magistralis slides are also available.
- Gravitational-Wave Day - Rome, November 9, 2018 15:30 (materials, Website).
- Gravitational-Wave Day and inaugural lecture of the 2019-20 Cattedra Fermi series - Rome, October 10, 2019 16:00.
- Amaldi Research Center - Open Day: Quantum Technologies - Rome, November 22, 2019.
- ARC created and co-organized the outreach project Incontri Gravitazionali (Gravitational Encounters): a series of events hosted by a literary cafè near Sapienza Campus. Each event explores a particular topic related to astrophysics, cosmology, and gravitation, with expert scientists and authors of popular science books, moderated by a science communicator. The first event took place in February 2020.
Outreach – Material
- Free outreach material on gravitational-wave science and astrophsyics that is often used during Gravitational-Waves Days is available here.
ARC prepared short video interviews (in Italian) where ARC members present the diverse scientific activities that are currently carried out:
- Irene Di Palma - L'Astronomia Multimessenger
- Luca Graziani - Buchi neri massicci all'origine dell'Universo
- Paola Leaci - Un telescopio per scrutare le aree più recondite dell'Universo
- Etttore Majorana - Stato e meraviglie delle osservazioni di onde gravitazionali
- Andrea Maselli - Ad un passo dall'orizzonte
- Ornella Piccinni - Alla ricerca delle onde (continue) perdute
- Ernesto Placidi - Quando 3 micron contano come 3 chilometri
- Nicolò Spagnolo - Tecnologie quantistiche per la rivelazione di onde gravitazionali e quantum sensing
- NEW – ARC faculty members lectured at the 2021 International PhD school on Gravity of Compact Astrophysical Objects and Gravitational Waves organized by SIGRAV (the Italian Society of General Relativity and Gravitational Physics), which was held remotely on February 1 - 5, 2021.
As part of the foreseen high-level educational activities, ARC has co-sponsored three international meetings:
- Primordial Black Holes confront GW data - Zoom, Feb 8-12, 2021
- QUANTUM INFORMATION AND MEASUREMENT (QIM) V: QUANTUM TECHNOLOGIES - Rome, April 4-6, 2019
- The first EPS (European Physical Society) Conference on Gravitation - Rome, February 19-21, 2019