The Physics Department at Sapienza University of Rome is the largest among this discipline in Italy for number of faculty and students and hosts a vibrant research activity in the main areas of Fundamental and Applied Physics:
- Astronomy, Astrophysics and Geophysics
- Biophysics, Medical Physics, and Cultural Heritage
- Condensed Matter Physics and Physics of Biosystems
- Particle Physics and Fundamental Interactions
- Statistical and Mathematical Physics
Our Research Activity involves developing complex experimental equipment in-house or in the major Research Labs worldwide, developing theoretical models of different physical phenomena, and publishing scientific papers (around 600 per year), on international scientific journals. The Department hosts researchers from the main Italian Research Insitutes, such as the Italian Institute for Nuclear Physics (INFN), National Research Council (CNR), and the Italian Space Agency. In total our Department, which is on of the largest in Sapienza, hosts around 300 researchers.