To access specific content click on the menu items on the left
The Physics Museum, located in the Polo Museale Sapienza, is another important resource to be included in the heritage of the Department. The Physics Museum preserves instruments dating back to the second half of the 18th century, coming from the first collection of instruments in the Physical Theatre, established in 1748. The Museum is visited by enthusiasts, onlookers and schoo lchildren, including foreigners. Guided tours are available.
The Department of Physics is distributed over two buildings, one of which (building of Physics Giuseppe Pagano) is an integral part of the cultural heritage of the University. It is a historical building realized by the architect G. Pagano in 1937, in rationalist style, during the realization of the University City and named after Guglielmo Marconi.
The Pagano building was restored in 2007.
Since the end of the 1980s, the History of Physics group has been working on the recovery, preservation and organization of personal archives of Italian physicists. The documents are kept in the Library and can be consulted for study and research purposes. Language English.