Amaldi Research Center
The AMALDI Research Center is an interdisciplinary Center for both Gravitation Physics and Astrophysics. It is dedicated to Edoardo Amaldi, and has the purpose of
- consolidating the role of the Physics Department and Italy (in general) within the international Gravitational-Wave (GW) research community;
- exploiting the scientific return provided by the kilometer-scale laser interferometers LIGO and Virgo;
- being a key player for the design and development of the third-generation (3G) detectors (such as Einstein Telescope) and LISA gravity telescopes;
- training a new generation of students and researchers with strong transversal skills;
- being an incubator for new ideas helping to cover frequency bands beyond those typical for current ground-based GW detectors;
- promoting technology transfer to industries and enterprises; (vii) coordinate outreach activities.
Further information can be found on the official website.